Saturday, September 22, 2018
The NHHSAAI Scholarship Fund
Introduction of Scholarships and Application
The National Harnett High School Alumni Association, Inc. (NHHSAAI) scholarship fund was organized in November, 1971 for the purpose of providing financial assistance to high school seniors who wish to further their education at postsecondary institutions of higher learning.
The awards are given annually and are NOT RENEWABLE. Students attending four-year institutions may be awarded up to $1000, whereas, students attending vocational or community colleges may be awarded up to $500.
The scholarship committee has set up specific selection criteria for awarding these scholarships to students. Each student will be assessed against standards of high academic potential, personal motivation, and strong moral character. Also, financial need of the applicant will be taken into consideration.
Scholarships will be awarded to students who meet the criteria set up by the committee. Notification of awards will be made by June. All applications must be postmarked no later than MAY 15. Those postmarked after MAY 15 will not be considered.
The scholarship committee may choose to interview each of the applicants prior to making the selections.
- To motivate students to achieve their life ambitions through higher education.
- To provide financial assistance to students in need of financial aid.
- The student's immediate family or descendants must have attended The Harnett High School (formally Harnett County Training School). The term immediate family refers to wife, husband, son, daughter, mother, father, uncle, aunt, brother-in-law, sister-in-law, grandmother, grandfather or legal dependent or guardian.
- The student must show clear evidence of acceptance by any accredited college/university or vocational/community college.
- The student must enroll in a full-time academic program for the fall semester/quarter of the year the scholarship is given.
- The student must show evidence of academic promise and be capable of maintaining a high scholastic average. He/she must also have strong character traits based on recommendations included with the application for the scholarship.
NHHSAAI Scholarship Committee
- Complete and submit application, postmarked no later than MAY 15.
- Included with your application should be two letter of recommendation. One should be from a school official, such as your high school counselor, teacher, administrator and the other from an employer, church pastor or leader, community leader, athletic/recreational coach, etc.
- Applications should be mailed to:
Post Office Box 1972
Dunn, NC 28335
Click here to download and print Scholarship Fund Application